Thursday, December 10, 2009

She's adorable!

My doctor's appointment today was so much fun! The technician was able to clearly see the chambers of the heart, as well as the lip/face area. Lily looks just fine and dandy! The tech let us watch Lily for a while. She was moving around a lot, and kept playing with her hands. It was so cute! She'd bring her little hand up to her face, then reach down and pull on her foot, then back up to her face again. She's having fun in there!

Trent went with me today, which I'm so thankful for. It's very nice to be able to hold his hand while we watch Lily play. These are the moments that I will never forget. Today, I saw my daughter play with her foot for the first time. It doesnt seem like a big deal, but, oh, what it does to this hormonal, emotional, pregnant woman!

I can't help but wonder what she's going to look like. The tech said that her head size is about 2 weeks ahead of schedule. I'm kind of expecting a big head, since mine is rather large. So, that's one thing she'll take from me. I lay in bed at night thinking, "What parts of me will she take, and what parts of Trent?" Will she have his nose and my cheeks? Blue eyes like me or brown eyes like her daddy? I love imagining all of this and trying to get an image in my head of our little girl. It's never the same image, but it's always fun!

I'm 25 weeks along. Her heartbeat was in the 160s today. She weighs 1 pound and 12 ounces. She looked so much bigger today than the last ultrasound. I love seeing how she changes each time!

Thanks for your prayers and your kind words. We are extremely grateful for all of you!

Psalm 139: 13-17

13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.

14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,

16 your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.

17 How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!

These verses come to mind today when I think of seeing little Lily. I'm praying that I do all I can to help God's plan be realized in this precious girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment