Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Christmas Waddle

This holiday season, I got a special gift that few can claim - the waddle. I realized it a few days before Christmas, actually. I was walking across the gym floor at work, and I noticed my legs were not moving like they typically move when I walk. There seemed to be a slight outward swing to them. I tried to correct this, but it just wasnt possible! My hips will not let my legs move like they used to! I guess my new strut is here to stay until Lily decides to give me back my body.

I have officially entered my third trimester! I'm now 28 weeks along. Lily should be just over 2 pounds. She's developing billions of neurons and is gaining body fat to make it easier for her to survive outside the womb. As a matter of fact, 9 out of 10 babies that are born at this point in my pregnancy survive. That is a comforting thought, but I still like the idea of her going full term!

If I'm like the typical pregnant woman, I'll gain 11 pounds this trimester. I've currently gained 14 and feel like a big ole whale! I've never weighed this much in my life, and it's hard to remind myself that this is how it's supposed to be. But, Trent is very sweet to help me remember and to tell me how pretty he thinks I am. I don't know what I'd do without him.

My first baby shower is coming up in less than 2 weeks, and I'm so excited. Some of my girlfriends are hosting it for us. I can't wait to see them all and to watch Trent open up little girl gifts while we all ooh and aah! How cute. Then I have a family shower with the Webster women two weeks later. We're planning a fun gathering in Birmingham just for the girls! I have such great friends and family! They are so sweet to throw these showers and help me get ready for Lily's arrival. Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. Well, I think your Christmas Waddle is just precious! :) And this is a very cute picture of you and Trent! Maybe you should post some shower pictures...

    ReplyDelete